United Airlines Streamlines Corporate and Agency Travel Management with New United Jetstream
March 14, 2017
CHICAGO, March 14, 2017 – United Airlines corporate and agency customers entered the “jet stream” today, as the airline unveiled its new online portal – United Jetstream – in an effort to simplify the travel management process and give customers an intuitive suite of self-service tools.
United Jetstream was designed to put power in the hands of customers to solve service issues and access enhancements that previously required a call to sales support. Designed to give travel managers what they need most, United Jetstream’s easy-to-use interface and robust functionality means customers now have a wealth of information and capabilities at their fingertips.
United Jetstream provides greater visibility into travel activity and corporate spend with customizable, on-demand reports on historic, current, and future-predictive performance. The management of traveler services including waivers is made easy with self-service processing. It also gives customers one-click access to relevant information such as weather waivers, product and service information, and policy updates.
“With the help of our customers and our employees, we are completely reimagining the corporate travel experience for our customers,” said Dave Hilfman, United’s senior vice president of Worldwide Sales. “We designed United Jetstream with the goal of saving our customers time by putting more and better information directly in their hands, and by making it more easily accessible and available, whenever and wherever they need it - including on their mobile devices. We set out to create the best-in-class portal in the airline industry, and I believe we achieved that.”
The first phase of the portal launched today, with future phases expected in the second quarter of 2017 and beyond. Phase Two is planned to include an expansion to the reports dashboard, the option for more amenity processing, customizable notifications, and corporate ancillary reports.
Offering the Best in Global Travel and Support
In addition to developing United Jetstream, the airline is investing in multiple enhancements to existing products for its corporate and agency clients, including:
- Increased United’s Executive Accounts Desk support with a focus on service excellence and offering more resources during periods of irregular operations.
- Added new offerings to United’s exclusive Entertainment Desk including travel coordination; meet and greet airport services; baggage rates and other unique entertainment needs.
- Expanded agency self-service rebooking parameters giving travel agents greater flexibility and freedom to serve customers during service disruptions without calling United.
- Added baggage delivery and carbon footprint commitments to United’s Global Performance Commitment program. The program continues United’s commitment to operational excellence - top-tier performance in on-time arrivals and completion factor – and is the first and only to offer an environmental guarantee. In 2016, United successfully met all performance goals.
- Launched an expanded United Services Fund program for select contracted corporate and travel agency accounts with unprecedented levels of flexibility.
- Leveraged technology, education and partnership with travel agencies to prevent over $5 million in debit memo value from being issued in 2016. The Airline Reporting Corporation (ARC) referred to United’s efforts as "the gold standard" when it comes to carriers attempting to reduce the number of debit memos.
United Airlines and United Express operate more than 4,500 flights a day to 339 airports across five continents. In 2016, United and United Express operated more than 1.6 million flights carrying more than 143 million customers. United is proud to have the world's most comprehensive route network, including U.S. mainland hubs in Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. United operates 737 mainline aircraft and the airline’s United Express partners operate 483 regional aircraft. The airline is a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides service to 192 countries via 28 member airlines. For more information, visit united.com, follow @United on Twitter or connect on Facebook. The common stock of United's parent, United Continental Holdings, Inc., is traded on the NYSE under the symbol “UAL”.